You can use SeekOut to create message campaigns and manage your outreach to candidates.
(Note: This feature is currently in preview release. If you'd like it activated for your paid account, please let us know.)
Follow these steps to get started.
Step 1: Link Your Email Account
- Click the Messaging tab at the top of the SeekOut page and click Link your email account to connect SeekOut with the account you will use to send the messages from. The messages will be sent from your email account and replies will come into your existing email inbox.
Step 2: Create a Campaign
A series of messages spaced over several days is called a campaign. Once you've linked your email account, create a campaign.
- Click New Campaign and then Create New.
- Give your Campaign a name (and description if you want) and click Save.
- On the Campaign page, click Campaign Steps and then Add a Step
- Enter the subject and body of the message. Use the Insert Field link where you want to put in candidate-specific fields like first name. You'll see a placeholder appear. The placeholder will be filled in with the candidate's information (or current day of week).
- Create as many steps as you want and specify the number of days between steps. When you've finished editing the messages, click Save.
- On the Campaign page, choose the Settings tab. Set whether you want to send to work or personal mails. You can also choose to BCC another recipient (e.g., your CRM).
- Click Start Campaign near the top of the page.
Step 3: Add Candidates to Your Campaign
You need to add candidates to a campaign to start messaging them. You'll need to have an email addresses for the candidates you want to reach, so click Get Contact Info or enter email addresses manually with the Add Email button.
Select the candidates you want to add to the messaging campaign and click Add to Campaign under the More menu. You can also add an entire project to a campaign.
Any candidates you add to a started campaign will begin receiving the first message after a few minutes. (We have a small delay in case you accidentally add the wrong person to a campaign and want to remove them.)
Step 4: Track Candidate Engagement and Responses
SeekOut tracks when each candidate opens or replies to your message. Their replies also go into your email inbox so you can interact with them there.
Within a project, any candidates added to a campaign will show the current campaign and step under their name. Clicking that will show you the current step of the campaign they are in.
You can also view overall response rates on the Summary page of the Campaign.
Please let us know if you have any questions about how to reach candidates with SeekOut's new messaging features.