SeekOut allows you to export candidates from a project to your Gem CRM in a simple, one-click operation.
Setting up the Gem Integration
To get started you will need to generate a Gem API Key for SeekOut.
- Log into the Gem admin page: https://www.gem.com/admin
- At the bottom, there should a section called: API Key Settings.
If you don't have that option, please contact your Gem representative to enable it.
- Generate a new API key for the SeekOut integration. It will look like this:
Exporting prospects from SeekOut to Gem
From a SeekOut project, click the Gem extension icon in the upper right of your Chrome window. Then, below each prospect's profile picture, you'll either see:
- "View Prospect" button if that person exists in Gem already -- this opens the Gem extension and shows you the profile that matches (based on LinkedIn URL), or several possible matches in Gem
- "Add Prospect" button if that person does not exist in Gem already, automatically importingthat person into Gem.
When adding a new person to Gem from SeekOut, Gem will auto-populate the following fields:
- First name
- Last name
- **Email addresses (multiple, if found)
- **Phone number (multiple, if found)
- Other social profiles
- Work history
**Email and phone number finding require SeekOut Contact Credits. You'll need to press the "Get Email" and "Get Phone" buttons in SeekOut first if you want those fields to be imported to Gem.
If you don't use SeekOut's "Get Email" or "Get Phone" functionality first before adding the prospect to Gem, though, Gem will still find email addresses on its own through its own contact info finding service.