SeekOut Expert is a unique capability of some SeekOut subscriptions which give you access to nearly 100 million engineering, computer science, and life sciences experts. This people-centric search engine allows you to find candidates based on their research papers, conference presentations, and patents.
The UI of SeekOut Expert allows you to find candidates in a number of ways, including searching by Topic, Conference, Affiliation, and more. Sometimes, however, you may want to use Boolean to construct a very specific query. When you do, you can use the field-based search strings below to narrow your search.
You use the field-based syntax with keywords, quoted phrases, or Boolean strings. Here are some examples:
conferences:(NIPS OR SIGCHI)
cur_title:(data OR (scientist OR engineer))
Field Name Operators
Here's the list of supported field-based search terms:
- publications: (note: this takes values true or false)
- patents: (note: this takes values true or false)
- affiliation: (note: this searches last affiliation only)
- affiliations: (this searches all affiliations)
- early_career: (note: this takes values true or false)
- student: (note: this takes values true or false)