SeekOut has analyzed each GitHub member's code contributions to determine how accepted and influential their code is. Using that analysis, we assign each member a Coder Score of one to five stars based on their demonstrated contributions.
- Five stars corresponds to the top 2% of all Github members.
- Four stars is for the top 10%
- Three stars is the top 30%.
- Two stars is the top 60%.
- The rest are given one star.
Because we measure demonstrated ability based on actual Github contributions, you can be confident a developer with a 3, 4, or 5 star rating is very strong -- extremely strong in the case of 5 stars. They've proven it on Github.
Developers with lower scores, however, may still be very good or even great. It's possible they just don't do a lot of Open Source development.